In which Wolverine gets an ongoing series; the constitution of Madripoor is probably just a list of pulp noir genre conventions; Tyger Tiger is a kinder, gentler crimelord; Jessica Drew gets possessed a lot; the Silver Samurai and Lindsay McCabe are our dream team; Joe Fixit is a font of endless delight; and someone should probably sit Wolverine down and explain how disguises work.
- The Murasama
- The other Murasama
- Life after Inferno
- Wolverine #1-10
- The Princess Bar
- The hierarchy of Casablanca references
- The Inquisitor
- Sapphire Styx
- Tyger Tiger
- What makes a good solo series
- Lindsay McCabe
- Wolverine’s signature drink
- Possession pants
- Silver Samurai (again)
- Bloodsport & Roughouse
- Archie Corrigan and his plane
- Landau, Luckman, & Lake
- Chief Tai
- General Nguyen Ngoc Coy
- Prince Baran and His Remarkable Pants
- Joe Fixit
- The worst possible way to celebrate someone’s birthday
- I was wondering if you had any specific online resources that you use for tracking down old back issues, particularly ones from the 80s and early 90s?
- Why are there so many blue mutants?
Content Note Edit
CONTENT NOTE: Episode 113 contains fairly extensive discussions of fictional violence, including gun violence. If you don’t want to listen to that right now, that is absolutely okay. If you want to listen to it later, it’ll still be here. And if you never want to listen to it, that is absolutely okay, too.
We were on the fence about whether to post this episode today. We ultimately decided to go ahead, for two reasons:
There’s value in routine in the face of tragedy.
There are times when continuing to exist visibly and publicly is itself an act of defiance.
Love and solidarity to everyone who’s grieving right now, and especially to our Florida friends and family, and to fellow members of the queer community.
-Jay & Miles