In which Louise Simonson’s New Mutants run gets off to a rough start; drugs are not a reliable way to impress your space girlfriend; Magma gets a character arc; Tarot’s powers are kind of iffy; it’ll take more than a few illegal fish to stop Magik; and Bird Brain thoroughly fails to live up to his potential.
- Sunspot’s brushes with villainy
- The de-aging of the New Mutants
- New Mutants #55-58
- A memorable dress
- A cautionary tale
- The New Mutants as a Saturday morning cartoon
- Bird Boy / Bird Brain
- June Brigman
- A romantic dilemma
- Several alternative foci for Tarot’s powers
- Redemption and humanization of villains in X-books
- Undignified birds
- The best and worst of Bret Blevins
- Non-comics writers we’d like to see write X-books
- Other teen time travelers we’d add to All-New X-Men
- If you could pick one non comics writer to head up an X-Men series, who would it be?
- If you could add the teenage version of another X-Man to the All-New team, who would it be?