In which nothing comes between Sam Guthrie and his classic sci-fi allusions; Sunspot tries; the Beyonder is really scary; you can have Danielle Moonstar’s agency when you pry it from her cold, dead hands; Empath remains the worst kid; Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander just cannot catch a break; Emma Frost gets nuanced; Magneto does the wrong things for the right reasons; Rachel and Miles like liking things; and we finally wrap up Secret Wars II.
- Soulsword custody
- New Mutants #36-40
- The best Secret Wars II tie-in
- Several Beyonder-triggered crises of confidence
- A literal derailment in the midst of a metaphorical derailment
- The Greek tragedy of Illyana Rasputin
- Personal personifications of death
- Counting coup
- The death of the New Mutants
- Crossover-related PTSD
- A pep talk from a frog
- Art style as a component of narrative
- The Hellions (again)
- A completely avoidable fight
- Rachel’s definitive Emma Frost moment
- Emma Frost, Charles Xavier, and moral culpability
- You've covered the Firestar miniseries - another in the long line of domineering mutant plutocrat Emma Frost's early crimes. How does she get a pass for her long criminal history, yet Professor X remains eternally in the doghouse?
- What is the biggest discrepancy you two have over something X-related? Whether it's a character you don't agree on or a story one of you likes but the other hates?