In which we cover 21 issues in one episode; Secret Wars is a toy commercial; Jim Shooter’s X-Men are not the X-Men to which we are accustomed; Doctor Doom makes a surprisingly benevolent god; Secret Wars II is neither secret nor a war; The Beyonder learns to poop; and Boom-Boom is the best thing to come out of Secret Wars.
- Secret Wars
- The not-particularly-secret origin of Secret Wars
- Binary morality
- The Wrecking Crew
- The Beyonder
- Molecule Man
- Doki-Doki Universe
- Titania and Volcana
- Secret Wars II
- The Passion of Jim Shooter
- Stewart Cadwall
- What people do
- What it means to be Spider-Man
- Boom-Boom (Tabitha Smith)
- The time a bunch of superheroes saved the universe by killing a baby
- Stuart Cadwell/Thundersword from Secret Wars II #1 - he's got to be based on someone Shooter had a beef with, right? His rant about writing pablum, censors, about what he'd so if he had some power and the things he'd straighten out...only to find that he's powerless without his "Shazam" award, and being in tears after realizing he'd destroyed the places that he'd worked. I mean, this all has to be some passive/aggressive meta-commentary about someone Shooter's worked with, I assume?
- What's the best thing and the worst thing to come out of Secret Wars?
- What major changes to the X-Men universe do you want to see happen in Secret Wars 2015?