In which writer G. Willow Wilson joins us to talk about her new run on X-Men; the Future is really confusing; we consider the many iterations of Rachel Grey; Storm probably has strong feelings about climate change; and writing for a shared universe takes some seriously fancy footwork.
- Shogo (a little)
- The future vs. the Future
- X-Men vols. 1-4
- The logistics of stepping into a book mid-series
- Pigeonholing and “girl” books
- The proper pronunciation of Kamala
- Storm (again)
- Rachel Grey (again)
- Cross-title coordination
- Writing in a shared universe
- Super-powered ecology
- The gender politics of telepathy
- Writing and dialogue across media
- Marginalization, intersectionality, and the mutant metaphor
- Willow, what character are you most excited to get your hands on someday that you haven't been able to write yet?
- I'm already on board for your run on adjectiveless X-Men, but I have a serious question about it: Will there be fun times and shenanigans?