In which we hit the definitive arc of New Mutants; Bill Sienkiewicz blows our minds; Rachel gets choked up over a credits spread; Rahne gets a makeover; Doug Ramsey is justifiably flustered; and Warlock is a friend to household appliances.
NOTE: This episode includes a lot of art talk. While doing so is not strictly necessary to follow the discussion, we recommend listening with the visual companion open.
- The transmode virus
- New Mutants #18-21
- The Demon Bear Saga
- Bill Sienkiewicz
- Task leaders vs. social leaders
- Page layout as a storytelling tool
- Soul armor
- The Demon Bear and its shadow
- One of the best covers of all time
- The deeply problematic fate of Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander
- What the New Mutants are up to these days
- What's the deal with Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander? In the Demon Bear Saga, both were turned from white to Native American, and this was never addressed again to my knowledge. Has Claremont ever stated the reason for this? It seems like something major, but it just sort of happened and the characters got on with their lives.
- Where are the New Mutants now? It's my understanding that the book turned into XForce but that title is not that anymore.