In which Claremont levels up; the Brood are legitimately scary; Colossus is an ethical dude; Nightcrawler and Wolverine share beers in the face of certain death; Storm turns into a space whale; we are Carol Corps for life; New Mutants are really into Magnum, P.I.; Kitty meets a dragon; and Xavier dies (again).
- The Brood Saga (X-Men #161-167)
- Paul Smith
- Space fashion
- A really terrible awards ceremony
- Tim O’Brien’s X-Men
- The Brood
- How to tell a good Wolverine story
- Rocket sharks
- The single most badass magical-girl transformation sequence of all time
- The X-Men’s Kobayashi Maru
- Friendship (more) (again)
- The Acanti
- Whether Cyclops watches Star Trek
- The New Mutants
- Our secret cold-open formula
- Cosmic crossovers
- Is there any topic you've tried to use an opening and found that it just doesn't work?
- Are there any notable crossovers between X-Men including cosmic folk (Starjammers, Shi'ar, etc.) and the rest of cosmic Marvel?
- Wolverine's famous for being the grumpiest lone not actually a wolf there is. But one of my favorite things about him is the adamantium strength BFF broship he has with Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler seems to be the one person out there that Wolverine busts out all the emotions for, from fearful concern to outright huggy joy. What's your take? How important do you feel this relationship is for both characters?